Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Week 4




1. What is a fabula, and in what sense is 'the loathly lady' theme one? (you can google this one...)

2. What does Carter (2003) have to say about Chaucer's 'feminism'? In what sense is the Wyfe of Bath's Tale and in what is it not 'feminist'?

3. What according to Hahn (1995) are some critical issues around The Wedding of Sir Gawain...?

4. What does Hahn identify as its Celtic influences?

5. How do each of the three versions I've given you differ, especially in relation to the choice the knight/king must make?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey albie,

    Thanks for letting us know. I'll be answering the first question for this week just because I've already started writing on it. Apologies to anyone who wanted to answer this question, you can always add your bits if I missed out or comment or be critical about it. =D

    BIG SMILES =D

    -anNiE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,everyone. Are you all busy doing ur assignments? I wonder do we need to prepare for the assignment two (showcase) during the break ?
    I miss you all and Paul, see u all after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete